Laurel Road Student Loan Refinancing! $80 BONUS WITH MY CODE!



Does this meme sound like you?  Do you have private student loans with a high interest rate? I recently refinanced my private student loans with Laurel Road and I am on the Road to loan payoff! 

I had 2 private loan serviced through NAVIENT with outrageous interest rates (11.25% and 9.375%).  Each year I was paying over $6,000 in INTEREST TO NAVIENT!  I felt like my loans were not decreasing even though I was paying so much money into them!  I decided that I needed to make a BIG change!  I researched many loan servicing companies and stumbled across Laurel Road.  

I input some preliminary information through Laurel Road and they gave me a quote instantly!  I decided to go through with the process which was very easy.  By the next day I was approved to refinance my loans with a 5% interest rate! If you sign up for automatic payments through your bank account, they offer you .25% off your interest rate!  Now my INTEREST RATE is at 4.75%!  

My payments will be the same amount of money I am paying now, as I had the option for a 5, 7, or 10 year loan.  I chose the 7 year loan for the same monthly payment I am currently paying with NAVIENT!  Therefore I will be paying my loan off 3 years sooner!

I will also be SAVING OVER $25,000 over the life of the loan
That is a ridiculous amount of money that I would much rather have in my pocket than the pocket of NAVIENT!


I learned some other great things  about Laurel Road:
  • You may be able to add in any parent plus loans through the refinancing to release your parents.
  • Obtaining a loan on your own will release any cosigners you may have
  • *FORBEARANCE: You may postpone loans for 3 months at a time up to 12 months if you can document an economic hardship. (Many companies could care less about your economic hardship.  You never know what the future brings and its smart to have a plan in case of a job loss, etc.)
I was so excited to be approved that I referred my brother, and he too was approved and will be refinancing his loans through Laurel Road as well!


***2019 UPDATE*** -  Last year I paid about $8,000 to student loan interest!!! This year I paid about $2,000 to student loan interest!!!!  $4,000 went to principal instead of interest and I am actually making progress on paying down my student loan debt!  This opportunity to refinance has made a world of difference in my life! I wish I had done this sooner!!! 

Use my referral code to get $80 for yourself if you get approved through Laurel Road! 


Comments

  1. Informative post .Thank you for sharing the information would like to know more on Student Loan Refinancing.Student Loan Refinancing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What Does the Fox Say?

SPACE THEME CLASSROOM

Safari / Jungle Theme