Science in the Elementary Classroom

     Science has always been one of my favorite subjects in school!  I know, I know what you're thinking...ewwww I hate science 😂!  Okay maybe you're not saying that, but then again maybe you are.  I have heard of so many colleagues throughout my years as a teacher, teaching science so minimally that it hurts.  I love teaching science!  Fun fact: in college I was the ONLY science and education major!  That says a lot!

    Anyway, science can be so fun, exciting, engaging, and hands on in the classroom.  It is an opportunity for students to explore and figure things out on their own with teacher guidance.  They have the chance to work with partners and form hypotheses.  There are a TON of great resources online from BrainPop to great channels on YouTube like SciShow Kids and ScienceMAX to name a few.  

Teaching science doesn't have to be difficult or scary.

  • Pick a topic
  • Watch a video clip on topic
  • Plan a simple experiment
  • Have students make a prediction
  • Work with partners or groups on experiment
  • Have students share their findings
    It's that simple to start incorporating some more science and hands on experiments in the classroom.  Your students will thank you!

    I am here to tell you that I have been working on some of my science units and activities that I use in my own classroom.  These lessons and activities are geared toward  the elementary classroom.

Physical Science

First up is my Force, Motion, and Magnets powerpoint review game and Boom Cards! Click the picture below to take a peak!


Chemistry

What is the smallest part of matter? The Atom! Need a way to engage your students while learning about atoms, then you have come to the right place. These lesson ideas and activity packs are the perfect addition to any 4th-6th grade science classroom while learning about atoms, protons, neutrons, electrons, orbitals, and the nucleus of an atom, matter, solid, liquid, gases, and state changes such as melting, freezing, evaporation, condensation, sublimation, deposition.These items can be used independently, small group, whole group, or for centers, homework, quizzes, or exit tickets.

What's included?

  • Lesson ideas
  • Create your own atom STEM activity
  • Notes pages
  • Posters
  • Diagrams
  • Cut & Paste Activity
  • Experiment ideas
  • Observation Sheets

LESSON BREAKDOWN
  • Lesson 1: Parts of an Atom (protons, neutrons, electrons, nucleus, and orbital)
  • Lesson 2: Solids, Liquids, and Gases
  • Lesson 3: State Changes (Solids, Liquids, and Gases)
  • Lesson 4: Mixtures & Solutions
  • Lesson 5: Density (Sinking & Floating)

Click the pictures below to check out these activities:












I will be adding some more of my resources shortly!  

Let me know in the comments below if you enjoy teaching science! 👇



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does the Fox Say?

SPACE THEME CLASSROOM

Safari / Jungle Theme