JUNGLE SAFARI THEME CLASSROOM DECOR IDEAS


One of the things you might not know about me is that my mom teaches as well.  She works in a private preschool and depending on needs teaches pre-k, kindergarten, or a mashup of both!  Needless to say, my mom and I both love our animal prints and try to incorporate them in our classroom theme as often as we possibly can!

In the past my mom and I have both changed our classroom themes EVERY SINGLE YEAR! Yup! I said it! Every year! New theme, new borders, new paper, new colors, new everything! We have been doing this for the past 9 years!  We share materials and if she has a jungle theme one year, I might do that jungle theme the following year and the trend continues until we have repeats!


In todays post, I will show you some ideas from my moms jungle theme classroom as well as link you to my original posts.  

Click Here to see my original post on my Jungle Safari theme classroom. 

 I went to her school and helped her set up everything.  Luckily her school has air condition (unlike mine).  Here are the preliminary boards!

 
 Information hut/ Morning meeting area

This is where all the beautiful animal print calendar decor came in handy.
Click the image below to check out the Jungle Calendar Pack!





 Here is the classroom Behavior Chart.  Each student is in a safari outfit! The chart says: Safari Lodge, On Safari, Lost in the Jungle, and Stuck in Quick Sand!  My mother starts all students at the Safari Lodge and moves them according to their behavior!

You can snag the safari kids templates HERE!  It is perfect as a fun bulletin board, a first day of school activity for students or really anything else you can think of!  They are hand drawn by me and students love looking at themselves "dressed up"!




Animal Print WILD EDITABLE 

DESK TAGS / NAMEPLATES


These labels give you the option of Manuscript of Print Alphabet and EDITABLE NAMES to easily type in your entire class list, up to 30 names!

What's Included?:

- 6 types of manuscript style nameplates

- 6 types of cursive style nameplates

- Editable PDF to easily type student names

Two different tags that include:

  • Alphabet
  • 100's chart
  • Number line 1-20

ANIMAL PRINTS INCLUDED:

  • SNAKE
  • ELEPHANT
  • GIRAFFE
  • LEOPARD
  • TIGER
  • ZEBRA









 
There aren't many bulletin board in my mother's school.  She uses paper or poster board and staples them right into the walls. 🙊 It worked so far!

 Leopard with a Safari Hat that my dad won years ago on the boardwalk.  This leopard has kind of been our mascot and the kids love him!

Large Zebra Cut Out

 Zebra valance made from zebra fabric and double sided tape.


Jungle Reading Hut! It is made from bamboo sticks and a grass table skirt!  We put the bamboo sticks in coffee cans and filled them with concrete! They have lasted since 2011 and have been passed around from room to room.  I also attache the bamboo sticks on the top with zip-ties and hot glue!  It keeps it nice and sturdy, but makes it very easy to disassemble.  

Here is the link to all my safari theme items

I have BUNDLES or you can buy the items separately! 


✨ You may also like:



 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What Does the Fox Say?

SPACE THEME CLASSROOM

Safari / Jungle Theme